Select committee announces inquiry into UKCMRI
Terms of reference:
The House of Commons Science and Technology Committee has announced an inquiry into the proposed UKCMRI medical lab in Somers Town. Submissions close on January 12.
It explains its intentions as follows…
1. Review the progress on the UKCMRI since 2008 and assess the plans for the coming years.
2. What do the four partners hope to achieve from the project and what new technologies and innovations are being considered?
3. Is the financing of the UKCMRI robust and justified, with particular reference to the public support for the project and the knock-on effect on budgets for other research?
4. What are the risk assessment arrangements to ensure the safety of the site?
5. What are the arrangements for the closure of the existing National Institute for Medical Research at Mill Hill?